Sunrise at Bixby Bridge in Big Sur

I wait my turn while a young photographer takes his picture of the second most famous bridge (after the Golden Gate Bridge) in the state just after sunrise. There were a surprising number of tourists and photographers there and at first I was annoyed because I wanted a shot of the bridge with no one there, but when he kneeled down to get his shot I thought this made a very cool photo. Sometimes the best plan is no plan at all. So after he moved on, I took the shot below, turns out I like the top one better.


After trying to get the bridge and the ocean in the shot at the same time, I realized that wasn't going to happen, so I scampered across Highway 1 and walked down a dirt access road and kept looking back until I was able to frame up this shot.


While waiting to cross back over the highway to my car, this motorcycle came into view and I thought it would be nice to get a shot of it going across the bridge with the winding Highway 1 off in the distance. Someone told me it reminded them of the TV series Then Came Bronson. See more shots on my Flickr site. https://www.flickr.com/photos/97777205@N03/15286944580/in/set-72157648501730491/

Skip Kuebel, Photographer

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top of the Mark

A day on The Rock

Container Ship vs. Alcatraz